Labor and Delivery Services
You have made a great choice to deliver your baby at the newest, largest and most innovative women’s center in Central Texas.
Upon arrival at the facility, you will be taken to the second floor to your private, comfortable delivery room. Your room will be the perfect setting for a very exciting time. A sofa bed, chairs, flat screen TV, private bathroom and shower, and soothing décor are just some of the amenities waiting for you.
Our Labor & Delivery Unit offers the most current technology while supporting each woman’s individual approach to child birth.
We have 24-hour in-house anesthesia coverage and provide patient controlled epidurals during labor as well as a staff of OB Hospitalists available 24 hours a day in the event your physician is unavailable, an emergency arises or you do not have an Obstetrician.
Our Labor & Delivery nursing staff has been specially trained and certified in both high-risk and low-risk obstetrical care including fetal monitoring certification from the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses.
What makes us unique?
29 LDRPs- two rooms specifically equipped to monitor multiples, however, all rooms have the capability to monitor multiples w/ the usage of our 4 portable telemetry fetal monitors.
- 4 private triage rooms in L&D
- 4 semi-private pre-op beds in L&D
- 5 semi-private recovery rooms with central fetal monitoring capabilities for patients having surgical procedures in our facility
- 5 private ORs, one of those is set up for quad deliveries and the others are all equipped for twins.
- Nursery attends all deliveries
- Private consult room in L&D
- OB hospitalist to assist as needed 24/7
- The antepartum unit has 8 rooms. They also have their own OR for emergency use only.
- High risk antepartum patients are kept in L&D.
- All babies are banded immediately after birth with a HUGS security tag in addition to the 4 band mother/infant system. This state of the art security system is electronically monitored to maintain infant security.
- Level III NICU, taking 23 week neonates and above
- WiFi throughout our hospital